The Parent Forum is a group of parent representatives who meet once a term to discuss school-related issues.
Regular, open communication and consultation with parents is really important to the school. The Parent Forum provides a valuable way to listen to your ideas and concerns and seek your views, helping to make sure the needs of children and their families are met.
Meetings are led by school staff and governors, usually by the Headteacher and the Chair of Governors. Meetings are informal and a genuine opportunity for open discussion.
Examples of issues that have been discussed include:
- School development planning
- Parking and safe routes to walk / cycle to school
- Class mixes
- Cost of school trips and events
- Parents evenings
- Views on school policies when they are updated e.g. Behaviour Policy
Parents are encouraged to share information from Parent Forum with parents of other children in their child’s class. Feedback is also included in school newsletters which are distributed to all parents and published on the school website.
If you would like a parent representative to raise an issue or make a suggestion on your behalf at Parent Forum please ask them to do so, or send a message to the school office via the link below. Issues raised should be general issues.
If you have specific concerns about your child your first point of contact should always be your class teacher.
Current Parent Forum members 2017-18 are:
Name Class represented
Zoe Lavender Rowan
Rebecca Lowe Palm
Lynn Tonks Elm, Ash
David Smeaton Oak
Sarah Sneyd Elm
Suzy Wearing Elm
Lucy Cunliffe Elm
Ash Bayliss Elm
Rachel Speers Elm, Chestnut
Clare Rodway Hazel
Rebecca Hancock Beech
Vicky Hall Beech
Linda Burke Beech
We are currently reviewing the listing for participants and taking on new members.
- We aim to have at least one parent representing each class, to give a range of views across childrens' classes and year groups.
- Any parent can volunteer to be on the Parent Forum, so please ask if you would like to be involved. Where there are gaps
in year- groups, parents will be selected at random and invited to join.
- There are only 3 meetings a year and dates are set at the start of the school year to give plenty of notice.
- If you join Parent Forum, or if you are already a member, please come and take part to represent your class.
"If you would like a parent representative to raise an issue or make a suggestion on your behalf at Parent Forum please ask them to do so.
Be The Best
You Can Be